The Featherlite™ Down Vest is perfect for pulling on to give extra warmth to the core - a highly packable piece of down insulation. Recommended for almost any cool weather adventure - an essential for peace of mind that you'll stay warm no matter what with very little impact on weight. It's filled with 90/10 down at 750+ fill with USA cerification 'non live plucked and non force fed down.
- PEAQ Down lining that is supremely comfortable next to the skin, highly breathable and fast drying
- 90g of 90/10 high quality down at 750+ fill power, certified non live plucked and non force fed
- Micro baffle anatomical construction allowing perfect loft space for the down
- Two hand-warmer pockets with YKK reverse coil zips
- Full length, reversed and baffled YKK front zip
- Adjustable hem to prevent spindrift entry and heat loss
- Reflective roundel detail
- Includes a MONTANE® stuff sac perfect for storage on the moveLightweight, 100% windproof PERTEX® Quantum Rip-stop outer with a superior DWR
- Weight (approx.): 236g / 8.3oz (M)
- Fit: Active Mountain
- Activities: Mountaineering / Fast Alpine / Mountain Walking / High Trekking / Travel / Basecamp
About Montane's Fabrics and their Environmental Impact:
- 37g/m² 100% Polyamide mini rip-stop weave
- Air permeability 1.0cc max (JIS L 1096 / ASTM D737)
- Spray rating 80 / 20 (JIS L 1092)
- Abrasion resistance 10,000+ at 12.5k PA (BS EN ISO 12947-2
- 37g/m² ultra soft nylon plain weave
- Exceptional comfort next to skin
- Highly breathable and fast drying
Care & Sustaining Performance:
In order to keep your down vest in pristine condidtion please follow these instructions:
- The Featherlite™ Down Vest uses PERTEX® fabric which contains a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) as the first barrier in keeping you dry. Clean your garment in order to maintain this.
- MONTANE® recommends a professional cleaning service for down products.
- If you choose to wash your down clothing yourself, it ideally needs to be handwashed and care must be taken to dry the product correctly. Wash using a mild detergent in warm water (around 30°C/86°F).
- Do not use fabric softeners, bleach or liquid detergent.
- Rinse the product thoroughly after washing to remove any soap traces.
- You should dry the product carefully in a tumble drier on a cool setting. You may need to stop the tumble drier at regular intervals to loft the down by hand. It will take some time to dry a down product thoroughly, even if the outer fabric is dry the down may not be
- Drip dry.
TOP TIP: place a bag of three clean tennis balls in the tumble drier. This agitates the down to help stop it clumping together when it dries.