The Montane Fireball Jacket has been designed for lightweight climbing and backpacking. It features a highly packable/compressable insulation that will barely be noticed when stuffed in a rucksack. Montane achieve this gossamer weight with tough, light, nylon PERTEX® Quantum together with low weight PRIMALOFT® SILVER ECO, and through a minimalistic hood, sleeves and pocketing design that does not compromise functionality. The Fireball Jacket has can be worn in a couple of ways - as an outer shell in cooler, dry climes or as a mid-layer underneath a shell jacket for more testing conditions.
- High tenacity PERTEX® Quantum Rip-stop fabric: fast drying, windproof and with a remarkable durable water repellency
- 40g PRIMALOFT® SILVER ECO insulation for super packable, effective warmth and gossamer weight
- PEAQ Synthetic liner that is supremely comfortable next to the skin, highly breathable and fast drying
- Articulated arms for reach high movement and tailored specifically to reduce hem lift
- Stretch bound hood that can be worn underneath a climbing helmet
- Two insulated hand-warmer pockets positioned clear of backpack or climbing harness belt
- All external pockets feature shaped zip garages to prevent further weather entry
- Full length YKK reverse coil front zip with internal wind-strip and roll over fine microfleece beardguard at top
- Stretch bound low profile cuffs that can be pulled up forearms to aid cooling
- Rear external MONTANE® hang loop
- Adjustable lower hem to prevent heat loss and weather entry
- Stuffs into right hand pocket for easy storage
- Weight (approx.): 328g / 11.6oz (M)
- Fit: Athletic Mountain
- Fit: Activities: Lightweight Climbing / Backpacking
About Montane's Fabrics and their Environmental Impact:
PRIMALOFT® SILVER ECO Insulation
- 160g/m², 133g/m², 100g/m², 60g/m², 40g/m² performance synthetic mid-loft insulation
- 100% polyester with minimum 50% recycled content
- Warm when wet and fast drying
- Wind resistant and water repellent
- Compresses like down
- Fibres produced from post-consumer and post-industrial plastic waste
- Bluesign® certified fabric: manufactured to strict environmental standards using safe production methods which eliminate the use of harmful substances
PERTEX® Quantum Rip-stop
- 37g/m² 100% Polyamide mini rip-stop weave
- Air permeability 1.0cc max (JIS L 1096 / ASTM D737)
- Spray rating 80 / 20 (JIS L 1092)
- Abrasion resistance 10,000+ at 12.5k PA (BS EN ISO 12947-2))
Care & Sustaining Performance:
The Montane Fireball Jacket is contstructed from PERTEX® fabric which contains a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) as the first barrier in keeping you dry. In order to maintain the water repellency please follow these instructions:
- Machine wash in warm water at 30°C/86°F with a mild detergent. MONTANE® & Above and Beyond recommend that you use Nick Wax Tech Wash.
- Do not use fabric softeners or bleach.
- Drip dry.
- Your jacket may need occasional re-proofing to restore the DWR. MONTANE® & Above and Beyond recommend Nick TX Direct.